Gmail calendar sync problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Car Guy

Car Guy Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all

First post here. I searched and did not find an answer to my problem.

I am wanting to sync my Outlook & phone calendars using my Gmail calendar. I installed the Gmail software on my PC and now my Outlook & Gmail calendars sync fine. When I first opened my phone's calendar it showed all my current events as I had hoped for.

The problem is that changing calendar events on my phone does not update my Gmail calendar, and vise versa. I am using the calendar that came with the phone.

The settings are;

All calendars - unchecked (tried both checked & unchecked)
    My calendar - checked
    my gmail account - checked

Background data - checked
    Auto-sync - checked
    Manage accounts, correct account selected

I don't know what else to do?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Car Guy

Well I figured it out, sort of.

When creating an event on my phone, their is one option on the screen that I skipped over, after the "time & date" is "calendar" with an arrow. If I click this I get "My Calendar (selected) & my Gmail address (not selected). If I select my Gmail address, the calendars sync.

If I set "Calendars" to "All", I do not see the events, if I set it to "My Calendar" I see all events, but it won't sync.

Now my question is, how do I keep that selected? Must I select this every time I create an event?

3. Car Guy

...and I forgot to add that even though I can get the Gmail calendar to sync with the phone this way, my phone still does not sync with the Gmail calendar.

Can anybody offer suggestions?

4. ogr8cdd

ogr8cdd New Member

I have wondered about that for a long time as well. New to this WONDERFUL site and hope this can help me. I don't have the Calendar with an arrow. At least I can't see it.

5. Car Guy

Well I've all but given up on the calendar that came with the phone.

I've installed Gemini Calendar. It works with Gmail Calendar. The first time you create an event the selection of calenders is shown. I can select my Gmail address and it remembers for the next time.

The calendar only works in portrait not landscape, so the keyboard is very small. The calendar is also a bit darker then I would like, but other than that I'm OK with it.