Gmail causing phone to reboot?Support

Last Updated:

1. rjf322

rjf322 New Member

In the past 10 days, nearly every time I try to send an email through the Gmail app on my DroidX, the phone freezes and reboots. I went to VZW and they gave me a new device, got home, and same issue occurs. My brother has the same phone, and no issue.

All other apps are working fine, I do have 3G service when it happens.

Anyone have any advice? Help is greatly appreciated!

Device: DroidX
    Country / Language: USA
    OS / Browser / build number (if applicable): Android 2.2.1

2. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

Check to see if you have a task killer installed. If so, uninstall it. Another thing you can try is reinstall gmail app from the market.
  3. BienTek

BienTek New Member

I'm also getting apparently random reboot crashes when using Gmail on the droid-x. It happens usually when pressing "send", and it's also happened when pressing "to" (to specify the address to send to).

I have tried clearing the Gmail data and cache, and even set the phone back to factory defaults, all to no avail.
  4. BienTek

BienTek New Member

Installing / uninstalling Task killer had no effect. Resetting to factory defaults had no effect.

However, I just noticed a new Gmail app in the Market. There was no alert or indication that any updates were available or anything was changed, but installing the app over the existing one fixed it. I had followed a factory reset with this Market update, and it's working great so far.
  5. rjf322

rjf322 New Member

Are you still having the issue? I am still having it...