Gmail changes with FRG83D?

Last Updated:

1. Eurosteve

Eurosteve Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Currently running the update - FRG83D. Like everyone else, I've been trying to figure out what Gmail interface changes came out of this update.

I noticed that the screenshots for the Gmail app in the Market show colorful "group" labels (such as family, respond, travel, work, etc).

I can't figure out how to configure Gmail to display any of this on my Droid. I've got the latest 2.3 version of Gmail.

Are these group labels new to the FRG83D update? Can anyone tell me what settings control this?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. dman2275

dman2275 Active Member

Sorry, wrong thread.

3. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

hey, I have the latest 2.3 app from the market and I use labels and I also see that my emails are not correctly showing the colored labels like the screenshots either. odd.

I want my inbox to look like this also

[​IMG]

4. Lock-N-Load

SOLVED IT

you must also have the item label be "inbox" as well as your custom label. that way, when in the inbox, you will see the color :)

5. Lock-N-Load

6. Eurosteve

Can you explain that a little bit more. I'm not sure what you're suggesting. A little "step-by-step" would be helpful.

Thanks!

7. Lock-N-Load

I wont give step by step, but I will explain it.

each email message can be "labeled". you make "labels" (and their colors) in the online gMail app. If you get a message, you can long press it and change it's label. The default label for each message is of course "inbox". Well, to get that color label to show you have to leave the message assigned the default "inbox" label AND then apply it another label of from your labels. to do this, long press the message and select the Labels options and you will see. But like I said, Label and their colors are first created online. I have about 6 labels & colors: personal, business, Droid, etc...

8. Eurosteve

I was thinking it would work off my contacts labels, but apparently not. Thanks for the instructions. Will give it a try.