Gmail Chat QuestionSupport

Last Updated:

1. zex

zex Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this has been posted before... Is there a way to make a shortcut to the Gmail-chat so it shows like the regular text messages. They only way I have found to send a message is to go to the contact to start the chat thx

Advertisement
  2. Dragoro

Dragoro Well-Known Member

You talking about google talk? If so, pick the page you want the app to be on then press and hold and select short cuts, then applications and then talk. That will put the app on that screen, then ya just clicik on the app.

3. zex

zex Member This Topic's Starter

I am talking about the chat that is built into Gmail I dont have google talk installed the only way I know how to send a message to a person is to go to there contact and hit chat but once the chat is open it is just like a sms thread on the phone did not know if there was a direct way of reaching that

4. rawness

rawness Well-Known Member

^

"Talk" (which I believe comes pre-installed on the Droid) is the same thing as Gmail chat. You can find it with the rest of your apps on the pull up menu.

5. n2imagination

n2imagination Well-Known Member

You would think they could provide a way for all txt to be fwd into gchat or visa versa out of gchat to your sms client. I also wish they had a gchat widget. I would use this for my txt instead of Handcent if they did this.