gmail constant updatesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. shaylih

shaylih Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm running the 2.1 leak and so far it has been flawless. My battery life has improved, however today something odd is happening. I am getting constant updates from my gmail saying I have a new email, when my inbox is the same. Do I need to reflash? I'm using one of the original patched versions.

Advertisement
  2. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Mine did that shortly after getting the phone, while still on 1.5, in my case I had some unread emails buried deep in my email. I "marked all read" and stopped getting the notifies. Hope its something simple like that for you !

3. shaylih

shaylih Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you - really stupid question - where is mark all read? I can't find it in settings.

4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Go into gmail on a computer. Go to "All Mail". (You may see an unread count there.) In the search box at the top, type is:unread and search. It should find all of your unread messages, including those that are not on the first page.

5. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

^^^^ +1
    that is the easiest way by far, if you do it the old fashioned way (page by page) a couple times it will throw a pop up box up there that asks if you want to "find more like" too.