• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail Contact Synching

kkarlin

Feb 2, 2010
Has anyone else had issues with contact data not getting synched back up to the cloud ? I have lost contact information twice (once going to Galaxy, and again when coming back to TW for the update). I have Exchange email configured as well, but none of my contacts reside in that "addressbook" as far as I can tell everything should be being saved back to Google. I have contacts that exist on in Google (verified from my computer) that I updated phone numbers for that disappeared after I did a factory wipe. My synch settings are all checked and from everything I can tell I should be synching continuously. Clearly I must be missing something, but I have no idea what it is. That "data in the cloud" safety net has not worked for me twice and I'd like not to get burned again.

Anyone have any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones