Gmail Contacts - Auto Add?General

Last Updated:

1. stmartin84

stmartin84 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For some reason whenever I send an email or reply to an email it automatically adds the email address to my contacts folder. Not sure what's going on, could someone assist?

Advertisement
  2. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Log into Gmail and make sure all the contacts you want to sync are under "My Contacts". Then using the Eris: People>Groups (3 heads on the bottom)>Menu>Sync Groups. Uncheck "Sync all contacts". Whenever Gmail creates a contact it will be in "All Contacts" which will no longer sync.

gruss likes this.
  3. stmartin84

stmartin84 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks. I believe it worked.

4. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

worked like a champ for me, I thought i was just gonna have to clean up gmail occasionally!

5. adammsu

adammsu Well-Known Member

only thing i learned the other day about this, if you have "sync all" turned off, then add a contact from the phone without assigning that contact to a group that is sync'd, it will disappear. Morale: make sure when you type in someones number, that you assign a group.

6. finch9987

finch9987 New Member

This does not work on my Eris. When I go to People>Groups>Menu, there is no option to Sync Groups. There are only two menu options: Add A Group and Delete Group. I haven't done a factory reset of my phone ever, or anything like that, since I bought it in January. Why wouldn't I see that menu option like you guys?

7. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Have you synced your contact before? If you have, I dont know why you wouldnt have the option

8. happy2

happy2 New Member

I have same problem. Have synched before and did have that option. Have upgraded Android to 2.1 and now do not have that choice. Can only Add A Group or Delete A Group.

9. LED

LED Well-Known Member

Open up People app. Menu > View. Uncheck "show auto gmail contacts".

10. x_Prozak_x

x_Prozak_x Well-Known Member

Alternatively, you can do the following:

Open People > Menu > View > check "Only Contacts with Phone Numbers" This should take out all the email addresses. I used this method to get rid of all the one of addresses I have sent mail to.

Hope that helps