gmail contacts no longer syncing on my Motorola Droid

Last Updated:

1. sandiegodave

sandiegodave Member This Topic's Starter

After I installed and evaluated the Companionlink software for syncing Outlook contacts, calendar, tasks and notes to my Droid, I noticed the gmail contacts were no longer syncing via the gmail sync. However, the gmail calendar and mail were not affected.

I uninstalled all of the Companionlink stuff but the contacts still do not sync.

Anyone know how I can get the contacts to sync via gmail again? Short of "reset user data on phone"???

Advertisement
  2. Clcto

Clcto Active Member

Have you checked today to see if things sync again?

My QA team says that sometimes the first-time CompanionLink sync is so fast, the google wireless sync server takes a period of time to catch up. This is particularly true if a lot of records were deleted and added during the initial sync.

Did this happen for you?

If you want a quicker reply please call CompanionLink technical support. It's free!

Wayland Bruns, CTO
    CompanionLink Software, Inc.
    www.companionlink.com

3. sandiegodave

sandiegodave Member This Topic's Starter

No, Wayland, despite uninstalling your Companionlink software from my P.C. and my Motorola Droid, it would not sync contacts no matter what.

Incidentally, early on, I did set the sync to low-speed but that didn't improve anything.

As time consuming as it was, this morning I had no choice but to effect a "Factory data reset"...not my favorite choice by a long shot. As I write this I am still setting up all of my email accounts again, so I can be on my way.

My suggestion to ameliorate the inherent difficulties resulting from conflicts between your software and Google sync, is to test, test, and retest, to make sure beyond any doubt that your software is indeed ready for installation onto the Motorola Droid.