Gmail Contacts upload ?Support

Last Updated:

1. bryanberlin

bryanberlin Active Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 29, 2010
    I have sucessfully been able to D-Load anything I do to my G-mail calander online to my phone.

1) I would like to upload all of my contacts to G-mail as a back-up but am unable to do so, can anyone help with this issue?

2) Also when I purchased my phone the coppied my contact list which appeared in the unassigned area, which I moved all of the to friends, is this possibly an issue as I should have left them unasigned or are they all good as friends?

Thanks Bryan Berlin

2. dtlokey

dtlokey New Member

Oct 12, 2010
    when you look at these contacts in your list are they categorized as a phone contact or google contact?

i just spend the last few hrs tryin to figure out why my contacts weren't syncing with my gmail account and found out that while migrating my contacts, all contacts defined as phone contacts (when you add a contact it asks if it's a phone or google contact) do not sync with gmail. as soon as i deleted those contacts and designated them as Gmail accounts, it worked fine.

I can't believe that this OS didn't place this as an option in the edit feature for contacts, you can edit everything else, but as far as i've seen, you cannot redesignate a contact from one category to the next....just seems like an obvious feature to include for editing...

if you don't want to go through the trouble of deleting all the phone designated contacts you have a few options, you can export them to an SD card and then place them on a pc and import them from PC to gmail, or you can go though the tedious task of creating the contacts in your gmail account and let the OS do the sorting, you may still have to link a few but other then that, i did not find any other way of getting this process to work as it should.
    bryanberlin likes this.