1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

GMail crash possible fixTips

1. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

I never had a problem with gmail on my transformer until the .21 firmware update. It started slow and occasional but got worse and worse. I'd tried clearing the cache and data as well as rebooting as others had suggested. But in the end no matter what I did gmail would crash typically 5-30 seconds into using it.

Saturday night I uninstalled updates and haven't had a crash since. I don't know what was changed between the stock app and the most recent update, but it is allowing me to use it fine. I just spent the last hour or so going through my various mail boxes cleaning them up.

Advertisement
    :
  2. fldude99

fldude99 Well-Known Member

Are you beta testing the. 24? BTW I also uninstalled Gmail updates and it worked for a few hours and went back to it's non-functional self..
  3. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

No, I just have the wrong numbers in there. Editing it.

Did you clear cache and data as well?
  4. fldude99

fldude99 Well-Known Member

Cleared data and cache numerous times. Temporary fix is all..problems reappear after a couple of hours of general use, although it may take longer after clearing data and re-syncing. Seems like when Gmail is acting up I can go on maps and it will also force close, as if the issue is hand in hand