GMail deleting messages

Last Updated:

1. jgood27

jgood27 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Everyone!

I have a question regarding sync'ing and gmail. I have only had the phone for a few hours, and I love it, but I am a little frustrated.

I have setup my Google Mail, Contact, and Calander and everything works great until I try to delete a google mail from my phone. When I delete the msg from the phone, it deletes the msg from the gmail server. I DO NOT want this to happen.

I have looked into gmail and the settings, along with the settings on the phone. I have also tried to create filters, and I still have the same results.

Is it possible to only do a "one way" sync? I do not want to lose msgs off my gmail. Am I doing something wrong, or am I just missing something?

Ok.. well, that was a couple of couple :)

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. JoeC

JoeC Well-Known Member

I don't think it's possible to do anything but a complete Google synchronization.

However, one thing about deleting an email message in the mobile app is that it only goes into the trash container, not deleted forever. So, you could simply retrieve any trashed items on the website and do with them what you wish. Also, if a trashed email thread is activated again by another message of the same sender, it still shows up as new mail on your phone.