1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

gmail does not show emailed pictures

1. Jeffruby

Jeffruby Well-Known Member

Anyone notice pics in emails sent via Gmail look like little blue squares. Gotta use browser Gmail to see. Any way to get this to work right in app.

Advertisement
    :
  2. 2001400ex

2001400ex Member

I have the same issue. Anyone know the answer?
  3. DR0ID

DR0ID Well-Known Member

you dont have a "show pictures" button that pops up at the top of the e-mail?
  4. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

This is a glitch, some people never get a button some people get one sometimes. 12/11 is the OTA update which is meant to fix stupid bugs like these.
  5. DR0ID

DR0ID Well-Known Member

i must really be lucky, i have a 42/09 and havent had annny of these kind of bugs :D but the update makes me kind of nervous that it might create some i didnt have
  6. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

I got pics yesterday and could not view them (still can't) but the ones I got before that I was able to open with no trouble. Seems like it just started?
  7. DR0ID

DR0ID Well-Known Member

can't wait till you're banned
  8. 2001400ex

2001400ex Member

Mine has the button with some senders and not with others, which is weird. Online gmail through a computer, they all just come in.

Hopefully this is an update issue.
  9. morgang

morgang New Member

I have the same issue. A link to https://mail.google.com in the browser lets me view the full contents inline, including the images. It seems messages pulled in from other accounts are most often affected.

Hope this helps,

-mg
  10. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

if I'm not mistaken, its the difference between an embedded picture and an attached picture.

Attached you can see and download, embedded you can do neither from the app.
  11. awrnsmn

awrnsmn Well-Known Member

Has there been any resolution to view embedded pictures yet. I have the latest update from sprint but still cannot view them. Is there any app in the market to help with viewing in gmail???
  12. gkautz

gkautz Member

Here's what I've discovered:

gmail-to-gmail embedded pictures show up fine.
    But 'gmail-from-other' embedded pictures leave a small blue question mark. While I like morgangs workaround, it's not the answer.
    The only way to view the pic is to have the sender ATTACH it.
    awrnsmn likes this.
  13. ac3smith

ac3smith Member

The issue I have noticed is that e-mails forwarded with embedded pictures do not show the pictures, nor the "show pictures" button. Any e-mails sent directly to me with embedded pictures has the "show pictures" button which works properly.
  14. johninbigd

johninbigd Well-Known Member

There is an enhancement request for this, but I don't know if it is fixed in 2.1. It's starting to look like I may die of old before 2.1 comes out for the Droid.
  15. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

I'm on a Droid Eris but browsing this forum to get more info on this problem. (I was able to view embedded/inline images in Android 1.5 but not since upgrading to 2.1.) In my case, I can't see images embedded in gmail-to-gmail emails either.

1. Is everyone with this problem using Android 2.0 or the leaked 2.1?

2. Are you using a true @gmail.com email address, or a Google Apps address (@your-own-domain.com)?

3. Do you have a third-party browser like Dolphin installed?

4. Did you set up your phone prior to January 13? (That's when Google started using HTTPS by default in Gmail.)

Thank you to anyone who will take the time to answer! And be sure to go click the star on this issue in Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=2507
  16. c308682

c308682 Active Member

See above answers noted in red text