GMail doesn't always work on chachaSupport

Last Updated:

1. Gindyhead

Gindyhead New Member

When I got my Chacha a couple of weeks ago, the gmail app was already on it so I linked it with my gmail account. After receiving and sending a few emails, I didn't really like the screen setup much, so clicked on the "mail" app that was also already on the phone. Apparentely it's the Mail for Android app. I clicked, did all the instructions for linking it to my gmail account and it worked fine for a while. Now, I can receive messages but when I reply, they don't get sent. When i click on the error message, it says: the account is not correct, please log in. The details are already there, plus it gives me options to change to POP etc... but I leave it as it is, but the emails just won't go. If I click on the gmail app, I can see my emails haven't gone in there since i started using the other Mail app. Everything is synced, I just don't know what to do. I've uninstalled gmail and mail, pulled battery out, started again and it will work fine for a day, then go wrong again. Any ideas?

2. natnat

natnat Well-Known Member

HIYA,I had exactly the same problem with mine. It was driving me mad as I would get notifications but when I tried to open them it would say my log in details where wrong. I tried everything like you said but it didn't work. The only thing I could do was to factory reset the phone and just stick to the gmail app for gmail as that seems to work fine.