Root Gmail email not sending?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Branndon, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Website Developer
    Orange County, CA
    I've had this problem since I believe the first frg22 release. I have experienced it on the stock rom, and now Liquid's rom 1.4.1.

I always do a complete wipe, and everything else works great, but if I reply to any email, the synchronizing between gmail on the phone and gmail on the computer never works.

If I star something, read it, or send a reply, nothing ever gets accomplished, the sending just stalls at "sending...." for ever. Anyone have a solution?

Advertisement
  2. eric16l

eric16l Active Member

Jan 17, 2010
    I had this problem when loading a ROM recently. To fix it, I went into settings - applications - Gmail and cleared my cache. This fixed the issue both times this happened to me..

Hope this helps

Branndon likes this.
  3. Branndon

Nov 10, 2009
    Website Developer
    Orange County, CA
    Clearing the cache didn't work, but clearing the data seemed too do the trick. Thanks!

4. vinnz21

vinnz21 Member

Aug 18, 2010
    What happened bro, maybe it was just your internet connection?

5. Branndon

Nov 10, 2009
    Website Developer
    Orange County, CA
    Not my internet connection, didn't matter if I was home and on wifi, or 50 miles away on 3g, would just stick at sending, and not mark anything I read as read. Also if I stared something, it wouldn't remember it.

6. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

this has been a reported error on many android devices. to date the only way to resolve this is the clear data fix that you did.

Branndon likes this.