gmail email notifcations

Last Updated:

1. baka

baka Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

sorry if someone already posted this but its an issue i've had since i first got the droid and i'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and/or knows how to fix it.

when i check my notifications and there are multiple emails in my gmail box and i click the notifcation, it takes me into 1 of the emails itself rather than to my inbox. sometimes this email is the first in line and sometimes its not.

anyone know why this happens or how to make it just go to my inbox rather than 1 email?

Advertisement
  2. HaraldBlu2th

HaraldBlu2th New Member

I have the same problem...it started after the December Android 2.0.1 OTA install.

3. Keyser-Soze

Keyser-Soze Well-Known Member

that's strange, mine takes me to my inbox

4. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

GV is taking you to conversation it is alerting you about,as it should. If you want the inbox then hit menu then label.all the emails are stacked in the same conversation group for conveinace and clicking the headers will open or close a specific email.
    Just a matter of getting used to their system. It is actually easier with the emails already sorted and grouped.

5. baka

are you referring to GV or Gmail? im talking about gmail.

the alert is not for one specific email, rather it is for many. regardless, it still takes me to one (sometimes) random message instead of to my inbox.

also, im not talking about a specific conversation/string of one email, but all of them.

6. crankerchick

crankerchick Well-Known Member

i find this annoying and am hoping for a fix. i found a widget that puts the number of unread mails on the homescreen and when tapped launches the "unread" mail label, so only the unread mail shows and it doesn't open to any message. The only annoying thing about it is it is a bit slow to load the conversations, so you click and it opens the gmail app and for like a second or two it just says loading conversations.

the other thing that annoys me, not to hijack, but we're talking gmail app here, is that when you are reading a message and then go to another app and come back, it takes you back to the beginning of the message. ugh so annoying. i get daily updates for multiple forums and i'm constantly skimming through the msg and clicking on links to threads, only to return to the message and have to scroll all the way through to where i was.

7. baka

a funny thing i just found out for this.

i keep my inbox clean and usually delete all of my unread items or read them. this means that each morning when i wake up and check my phone, i have X emails in my inbox that are unread. if i click the notification, im taken to a random email. if i click back after that and get more emails (without deleting the others) then click the notification, im taken to my inbox...

odd...

8. Keyser-Soze

Keyser-Soze Well-Known Member

It's surprising to me that all of you are having this problem, since I'm not. Maybe it's because my gmail account is through google apps, so I use my own domain for my email, not gmail.com.

I can't think of any other reason why you'd all have this problem and I wouldn't.