Gmail email notifications not vibrating. Help?Support

Last Updated:

1. DaveG

DaveG Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The Gmail app setting is checked next to 'Vibrate when new email arrives' - but my phone is NOT vibrating when new email comes in. Any ideas? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. T Mac

T Mac Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. Also the notification sound doesnt always come on when a new mail arrives.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

3. DaveG

This is a very annoying bug! I get sounds but no vibration alert for emails or text messages even though the settings are set to vibrate. Any suggestions?

4. DeafWhisperer

DeafWhisperer Member

I'm deaf. Before getting Evo, I kinda expected this because I've seen reports about Android OS in general does not vibrate when getting a message or email. They should. I think if I remember correctly the future Andriod OS will eventually provide this support.

At least, the notification light lets me know when it arrives. Better than nothing.

5. DaveG

I found a fix for this. Download 'Sound Manager' from the Android Market and go to MENU, VIBRATE SETTINGS. Under NOTIFICATION SETTINGS, 'Don't Vibrate' was checked EVEN THOUGH my other settings were configured to vibrate for texts and emails.

I changed the setting to 'Vibrate Whenever Possible' - and this has now restored my vibrating email and text message notifications.
    :)

SushiFiend, JP05, septro and 3 others like this.
  6. stas333

stas333 Member

worked for me.......

i then uninstalled the application, and it still vibrates!;)

DeafWhisperer likes this.
  7. MrX8503

MrX8503 Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness! Thankyou for the fix. This was so frustrating. Come on Google, get it together and fix this crap so we don't have to download apps.

8. septro

septro Well-Known Member

Sticky this! It worked!

9. SushiFiend

SushiFiend Member

Thanks for this - I had the same problem on Motorola Milestone running CM7 and this solution worked a treat!

SF

10. fixandroid

fixandroid New Member

I had a similar problem but found a very good workaround. I think this will work universally for any android device. may sound strange but stick with me.

Download an app called 'Vibration Notifier' on the 'Play' store. The purpose of the app is to vibrate to remind you of a missed message or e-mail. It can be configured to vibrate as soon as 1 min after receiving an e-mail, so if the vibration setting is not working in your e-mail, this app will remind you shortly after you have received a new mail.

I have even turned off sound and vibration in all my e-mail accounts and just rely on this app to notify me of new messages..