Gmail Fails to Sync after 2.2

Last Updated:

1. Xaven

Xaven Member This Topic's Starter

Ok. I followed all the correct guides and updated my phone to the 2.2hack. After initial startup and re install of boot strap my gmail will not sync. It has been stuck at "your email will appear shortly" for an hour. Please help. I have a back up recovery of 2.1 but i really want to run 2.2 without getting the OTA.

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement
  2. mach330

mach330 Well-Known Member

have you tried clearing cache on the gmail app? just go to menu->settings->applicatons->manage applications and find gmail and clear cache. i had problems sending email one time and that fixed it for me. not sure if its the same issue, but worth a shot.

3. Xaven

No it doesnt even have a cache yet becuase it hasnt done its initial sync with the server. Thanks for the option though!

4. Xaven

Well im now flashing back to 2.1. All my Google foo failed me and couldn't go much longer without my phone working. Hopefully when the 2.2ota rom comes out ill try that. Please let me know if anyone else has encountered this problem.

5. travishamockery

travishamockery Well-Known Member

just an fyi, if you choose to go to the leak again, just have to clear all previous data from gmail in settings, not just the cache. it will work again after that.