Gmail for moronsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Teris

Teris Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm new to Gmail (and the Inc, obviously). I'm getting gmails to an "email" folder on my Inc, but there's also a Gmail download (that I haven't downloaded). Is it better somehow to use the download? I'm hopelessly confused. I also just saved an email as a draft and now I can't find it on my phone at all!

Will some gmail expert please walk me through what I should do to make gmail work perfectly on this phone? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. mobil3gen

mobil3gen Well-Known Member

Did you set up your gmail through the "gmail" app or through the "mail" app icon

To reach a draft message go to your "gmail" app and hit menu > labels > drafts

3. Teris

Teris Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I set it up through the "mail" icon. I didn't realize there was a gmail icon until after I set it up. Is it better to delete the account and set it up through the app? Is there any difference at all? Thanks very much for the reply!

4. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

Try both for a while and see - you'll get duplicate notifications until you eliminate one of the accounts, but so what? Personally, I love having a cliient for GMail (personal) and Exchange (work).

5. mobil3gen

mobil3gen Well-Known Member

Thats what i would do. Gmail syncs your mail automatically... just all around easier.

6. nkk

nkk Well-Known Member

To each his own. To contrast Rubik, I hate it. I think the account separation in the Mail app is enough to separate business and personal, so I have it all in the mail app. The recommendation to try both is good.

-Nkk

7. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

And that's one of the best things about this platform :)