Gmail (Froyo) Not Sending?

Last Updated:

1. gs13

gs13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For some reason I can not send any emails from my phone. They get stuck in "Outbox" and never continue on from there. I have Skyraider 2.5.2 (vanilla) and Radio 2.15.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

Stock Email app? If so, ditch it. I have never heard of anything but problems with that app. If you use Gmail, use the official gmail app. If not, get K9 email.

3. gs13

No, definitely not the Stock Email app. It's the official Gmail app (froyo version) that came with SkyRaider. I tried unistalling it, and it won't let me. I checked in the Market, and it isn't in there.

*Sigh. I may have to re-flash SkyRaider, or wait until 3.0 officially releases.

4. upther

upther Well-Known Member

Really? I've used the stock email app ever since I got the phone and never had a problem sending or receiving my Comcast email through it.

5. gs13

Ok, I think I fixed it without having to restore a backup or reflash anything. I pulled the "Goodies for 2.2" over and installed them again, and it seemed to correct it. Feels jerry-rigged, but it worked.

6. TheWhiteBandito

Well that app just sometimes runs wild and takes up a whole load of storage space often resulting in the "Low Space Error."

That shouldn't feel jerry-rigged, thats a perfectly normal solution, you're just reinstalling Gmail. It's not available in the market anyway.

gs13 likes this.
  7. upther

upther Well-Known Member

Ahhh. I have heard about that before. Just been fortunate not to run into it.

8. TheWhiteBandito

Yeah, I think that was the reason I got my Low Space Error a few months ago. When I first set up the phone (got it a few days after launch), I put 3 of my gmail addresses into the stock email app. Then I realized that there was an official gmail app, so I just used the gmail app. I forgot to remove my accounts from the stock app, and it just kept eating up storage. Good thing you haven't run into this error!

9. gs13

Ok, this is good to know in case I have this issue (or a similar one) in the future.

10. ikenny

ikenny Active Member

i just ran into this problem where nothing i sent from the phone would leave the outbox. (i'm on virtuous 3.1.0)

so i went into manage applications and cleared the data on gmail.

works fine now