Gmail Has stopped unexpectedly

Last Updated:

1. adtf01

adtf01 Member

I am not certain that this is the correct forum, but appears to be the best from the list I see.

I have a Prestigio PMP7074B3G tablet and a little while ago I started getting the message "The application Gmail (Process com.google.android.gm) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" The two choice are Force Close and Report

When I try Report I get

Sorry!
    The application Google Play Store (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Try and go into Google Play and it works, try and go into Gmail and the cycle starts again.

I did searches and tried all the solutions I could find with no success. Also did a factory reset and that solved the problem for a while but now it is back.

There seemed to be a Gmail update yesterday and it started working again for a short while, but no longer.

Advertisement
  2. nicka3200

nicka3200 Well-Known Member

Resetting is the way to go but rather than doing a factory reset of the whole phone enter settings>applications>manage applications>all>gmail>clear data.

If that doesn't work, via the same route, uninstall updates then re-update via google play.

If there proves to be a problem with the current version of gmail then you might need to uninstall the update again and wait for a newer update.