gmail helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. thefnshow66

thefnshow66 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hey guys,
    My girlfriend seems to having problems with gmail. She says she doesn't receive ALL her emails on her phone but they show up on the computer. Any ideas why her phone is doing this? What can I do to fix this issue?

Advertisement
  2. smile44

smile44 Well-Known Member

Does she have autosync set up for google accounts?

3. thefnshow66

thefnshow66 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yes she does. It bothers me that she doesn't receive her emails on her Incredible because I haven't had any issues with the g-mail application with my Incredible. Is there a setting that I have to do on her g-mail account on the computer that can fix this?

4. winstonoboogie

winstonoboogie Well-Known Member

I know you said sync is appropriately configured but let's double check. In menu_settings_accounts & sync, ensure that the boxes next to Background data and Auto-sync are selected. Then, click the google account below, and ensure that Sync Gmail is selected.

Next, ensure that mobile data is always on. In menu_settings_wireless & networks, tap Mobile networks and check that the box next to Enable always-on mobile data is selected.

Aside from these two things, there's little reason for the phone to not receive gmail, unless it happens to be in a place where there is no network connection/data coverage available all together.