gmail helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. marriedman624

marriedman624 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I just switched to gmail and I'm using the gmail app on my EVO. When I click refresh it will show that I have 3 new email, but they won't show up in the email list. I have to go to settings > blah,blah,blah and manually refresh.

How do I get them to show up when I click refresh instead of going into settings?

You may ask why I don't have push -- because the sprint reception at my work is absolutely horrible. I had it on the other day and I dropped 30% in 1 hour <-- Not good.

Also, I have two gmail account set up, is there a way to set one as the default that will open every time I open the app (no matter which account I was in last).

Thanks for the help. I searched around and couldn't find an answer, so sorry if this has been answered, please link to the answer.

Advertisement
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

you might need to go under settings and have them sync every so often. hit the menu button/settings/accounts and sync. Make sure your sync to all your emails are on (wheel should be green not gray). Also make sure the auto sync box is checked. This is done from your homescreen. So make sure your email is closed.

Now to have a certain one open whenever you use you email account:
    hit your gmail icon/menu the accounts. Choose an account and that will be the account that will open up whenever you hit your email icon.

3. marriedman624

marriedman624 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

First, cannot find any setting to set gmail to sync every X hours. I can only do a manual sync from settings > accounts and sync.

Second, here is the issue. Let's say it want account A to be my default. If I check account B and exit the app; I want account A to show up when I re-enter the app. But it won't, account B is showing and I have to choose menu > accounts and click on account A.