Gmail htc sense failure errorSupport

Last Updated:

1. Xoji

Xoji Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

Periodically I change my passwords and yesterday after doing so, and updating my htc mail settings I cannot access my mail. I am getting an error saying authentication failed. It had worked perfectly fine then several hours later I got the message when I went to check my mail - actually the lack of. Because I had noticed gmail notifier updating my mail on my computer but nothing on my phone.

I read elsewhere to try it on just a 3g connection, or going to wifi, neither worked. I have deleted the account, and tried setting it up from scratch to no avail. The gmail stock app works, I just like the mail widget from htc.

I searched the forum here a bit, but didn't see much pertaining to this, any help is appreciated, or ideas I have yet to think of.

Advertisement
  2. josh81

josh81 Well-Known Member

I would see if you can change your mail back to the original password to see if it is now able to connect, if it is, it sounds like the mail is not updating your password. When you uninstalled mail, did you reboot your phone. Try a hard boot, take out the battery, to see if that will fix the issue.

3. Xoji

I tried that during one of my breaks, no go. I then tried creating a new gmail account, adding the information and that worked. I then let that information sit for awhile then changed the password on my computer, waited a bit until it featured to grab a test email, changed the password in phone and it worked. SO I'm thoroughly confused at this point.

4. Xoji

So I finally got in touch with HTC, and the rep is telling me that I cannot use HTC mail with the gmail account I link to my phone for its functionality. Now, when I got my phone,i setup my email, synced it all. Then setup HTC mail with the same account to use the HTC mail widget, but she is taking me that I can't do that, that it's not a function of the phone.

Is anyone else right now using HTC mail with the same account they activated their incredible with? I would like to link her to this, if people reply.