Gmail inbox not syncing properlyGeneral

Last Updated:

1. pbjunkie87

pbjunkie87 New Member This Topic's Starter

hey guys,

i just got the Eris a couple days ago, and love it... with a few exceptions. I've been searching and searching for an answer to this, and i cant seem to find it.

When I activated my phone at the VZW store, I synced it with my gmail account. When I opened my inbox on my phone, I was surprised to see emails that i had deleted some time ago (using a computer). It synced over 2000 messages from my inbox. My first question is WHY?!? and is there a way to 'undo' that madness, and erase them all short of having to check every message's box and delete them?

Also, why when I delete a message it doesn't get deleted right away? I usually have to close out the app then reopen it and it'll be gone. Also, why when I delete a message does it still appear when I check gmail on my computer? if I delete it from the inbox using my computer/phone, shouldn't it not still be on the other device?

please answer these, as i refuse to use my gmail app on the phone till i can get the messages under control.

thanks!

Advertisement
  2. BlazeD OnE

BlazeD OnE Banned

Doesn't sound like issue I have, sorry I don't have any better info to help

3. Laceycowgrl

Laceycowgrl New Member

I'm having the same trouble?? Help anyone?

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Man oh man, pbjunkie.. 2000? Wow.

I have not had this issue, and I'm glad; I estimate thousands of old emails in my gmail account deleted over time.

I wish I could help, but all I keep seeing are glitches being dealt with by Google on their calendar and email syncing utilities; sometimes it even makes the news.

I doubt if it's anything to do with the phone.