Gmail inbox

Last Updated:

1. tempsc

tempsc Member This Topic's Starter

Hi.

I wonder if someone could help me please? I have just received my Hero from Orange and set up gmail on the phone. Unfortunately, I didn't restrict the settings to one or two days and I now have a phone with a couple of thousand old emails on it! Is there a way of deleting all, or many at once so I can try and clear it up and then settle on the 1 or 2 day setting with much simpler and faster clear up? I wonder for example if I can just delete the account?

I assume I do that via 'Manage applications'

Google Mail - clear data

Google Storage - clear data or clear cache

A thought. Could I just clear Gmail Storage in Airplane mode and then on reconnection, the two days option I now have on the phone would just download the last two days of emails?

Hope someone out there can help.

Tks
    tempsc

NB: Just one further point, in manage applications, google et al, there are buttons for 'clear data' for both google mail and storage. Do these buttons clear the programmes ie: 'programme data', or just the 'data' stored within the programme, ie: the email?

Advertisement
  2. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums!

You need to go to the following:
    Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Google Apps > "Clear data" > OK.

This will delete the Google account details on your mobile. I would assume this would remove the emails as well (best check the mail app before the next step though, to make sure).

To re-enter your details goto Menu > Settings > Data Synchronization > Google and you'll be asked to enter your account details.

3. tempsc

tempsc Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks vido.ardes. That's great. Out of curiosity, I have more than one gmail acct I would like to keep an eye on but I note that the googlemail app will only allow one acct. Could I perhaps capture emails from the other accts with a different app perhaps?

4. _Mazza_

_Mazza_ New Member

I just use the HTC mail app. You can configure it to use more than one account and it also seemed that the gmail app drained battery life quicker with the constant updating. So at the moment I have 2 email accounts set up to check every 15 minutes for emails and it seems fine :)

5. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

If you want to use the Gmail App then just forward your other Gmail account to your main account in settings in your Web based Gmail Account :)