• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

gmail incoming mail problems

Constance

Lurker
Nov 30, 2009
Hello everyone,

I've got the weirdest problem ever with my HTC Hero.

The gmail application does not refresh automatically so as to fetch incoming e-mail. Even worse, it doesn't even do that when I manually do that (menu --> refresh)

There is one situation: If I change one of the settings for
Labels ("description = select which labels are syncronised") it does fetch e-mail from my inbox, but only if I manually refresh.

It doesn't make any sense that my gmail application can only fetch new mails after a (random) modifcation in my settings. I would like my gmail to refresh .... well.. as often as possible and automatically, since I will not know beforehand when someone has sent me a mail.

For the moment my label settings are as follows:

days for syncronisation: 1 day

labels
inbox: syncronise for all items
with star: syncronise for all items
eehh. well actually all my folders are "syncronise for all items"

Thanks for your help people!!!

Do you mean just turning the phone of and turning it on again? Unfornately that's not enough in my case.

In the general settings of the Hero, under "data syncronisation" I've turned the gmail off and on again. Unfornately that doesn't do the trick either. :-S

What I've also noticed now is that under data synchronisation gmail and agenda shows me the rotating arrows, but when I tap "contact" on, it tell me that there are problems with syncronisation and that it will be tried at another moment... I don't know if this is a whole new problem or that it is linked to the "gmail not fetching new mail"-problem.

I hope your not talking about a hard reset, because I would hate to lose all my info and to have to put all my settings back. I already did that after I updated the firmware..... so I am trying to avoid that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones