Gmail integration in "People" App

Last Updated:

1. ToxicToastKatz

ToxicToastKatz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone had any luck with their Gmail messages showing up in the appropriate contact's profile under the "People" program? The only messages that show up for me are from my Exchange account. I cannot get a Gmail message to show up for the life of me.

Anyone? Bueller......

Advertisement
  2. SDscorch

SDscorch Well-Known Member

hmm.... is it possible it only looks at a couple days back

(whatever that setting is set at?)

i think it "samples" the native email app - and the email accounts in that app

i'm guessing you have an exchange acct

3. ToxicToastKatz

ToxicToastKatz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Correct , I have an Exchange Account. I do have my Gmail set at 4 days, so for instance, I go to my buddy Greg, who has sent me an email to my Gmail account today. It is sitting, unread, in my Gmail box; I go to his contact, and all it brings up are the emails from my Exchange Account only. Now I have my Gmail set up as POP mail, and it POPs to my Exchange Account, however, I have the email remain on the Gmail server because I cannot check it on my Exchange account on the Hero, so i have to use the Gmail application. So, while it does POP, it's still on the Gmail server, and I would think, still seen by the program.

4. SDscorch

SDscorch Well-Known Member

yep - that seems like a problem

i just checked - it seems the stock messaging app doesn't "see" whats in the gmail acct!

:(

i looked in my gmail acct, saw an email from a friend of mine who is also a gmail contact, looked him up in people, and looked to see what it says the message history is - and sure 'nuf, there's nothing there!

that's kindof a problem huh? this phone is based around google's apps - yet it doesn't "see" activity going on in those apps!

5. romeosidvicious

romeosidvicious Well-Known Member

The people app is an HTC app that ties in with Sense. I am noticing more and more of this stuff. HTC's apps not sharing data or accessing data from stock Android apps. While I have touted HTC for a long time and don't mind tweaking to get things exactly right I am considering a switch to the Moment because of the HTC issues. The Moment will have the Sprint issues, like the locked down ROM and inability to flash (for the moment), but the HTC specific issues we are seeing will be gone. If I do switch I will be sticking around here and still posting though.