Gmail issues?

Last Updated:

1. nateo200

nateo200 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So sorry for the bland title but here's my issue; yesterday I had to drive to someones housethat I had never been to so I opened up gmail and tried to view the email the guy sent me, well he sent me two emails the one with his address being the first and for some reason I couldn't view the first one only the second on my droid! Frustrated I booted up the pc and just found it in gmail on the pc what gives? Under the newest email it had a little "(2)" though. I'm missing something here but what? It would have been easier to pull up the email click the address and open up maps and drive there instead of having to do all that.

Advertisement
  2. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

tap that bar that has the little 2 and it will display both messages in order

3. gentlefury

gentlefury Well-Known Member

gmail has always nested email.....the phone app is no different. Took me about a millisecond to figure that one out...lol

4. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Well-Known Member

Describe "couldn't view". Do you mean the email just didn't show up in the Gmail app? Or that you couldn't open it? Or that you could open it, but not see the contents?

REMEMBER - Gmail runs messages in a 'conversation' style. What you see in the Inbox are not individual mails, but mails grouped in conversations. The Gmail app on the phone does this, too, so it's possible that the emails you received from him were in the same 'conversation', and the older message was hidden. When viewing in the app, you'll see it say something like '8 messages' above the sender in the current message. Touch on that and it expands a little bit, showing a bar for each message in the 'conversation'. Touch on a bar to show the message.