Gmail label options

Last Updated:

1. yukongt300ex

yukongt300ex Member This Topic's Starter

What exactly does the gmail option "Labels: select wich labels are snycronised" do? Does it mean if I had a label set up and told it to go directly to that label and skip the inbox that i would still get an alert on my phone? The reason i am asking is because before i got this phone, i had a label in my gmail called "craigslist". Everything dealing with craigslist went into this and skipped the inbox. Thats worked well but i still need to be alerted when i get a new offer from craigslist. Will that snyc label option do what i want it to do?

Advertisement
  2. krazykrivda

krazykrivda Well-Known Member

It will not notify you. At least it did not for me. I ended up using the multiple inbox lab on gmail on my PC. I have multiple folders, than a Inbox folder that has EVERYTHING. Not the ideal solution, but it does get the job done.

3. yukongt300ex

well what does this option do?

4. krazykrivda

krazykrivda Well-Known Member

In your case it will sync that items that you autoarchive, just not notify you. Or are you asking about the multiple inbox feature on gmail from a PC?

5. yukongt300ex

i was asking about the multiple label sync thing. I wish they would let you set it to alert you of new mail from each label.

6. RossLH

RossLH Active Member

I had a label set up for these forums, which forced the "New Reply" emails to skip the inbox. I don't need a notification every time someone replies to a thread. However, the notification emails recently started dodging the filter, and I can't figure out why for the life of me.

7. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

Labels are simply folders!