gmail messages disappear on Droid ErisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Vinakti

Vinakti New Member This Topic's Starter

When I send an email to my phone (to my gmail account,) I open the attachment, and then the email disappears. And one time I archived it but then couldn't find it. Also, when I sent a bunch of pictures, it just let me download one, and then the email was totally gone. Any suggestions? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

in the gmail app hit menu and view labels, and root around in there, they gotta be there somewhere.

3. swe3t23

swe3t23 Well-Known Member

Want to know what is your data synchronization settings.

Do you guys have it check on auto sync and background
    does it waste battery

4. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

This just happened to me today. I was reading an e-mail, then I had to do something else (it was at dinner, I think I was talking to someone or something, I dunno), and when I went back to my phone, the e-mail was gone. Absolutely gone, and I could not find it anywhere (tried viewing all lables, spam folder, etc)... it drove me crazy! I ended up going onto www.gmail.com and logging in there. And guess where I found the e-mail? In the "Trash" folder (or is it called Deleted? I don't remember). I moved it back to the Inbox, and all was fine.

I noticed that the "Delete" button on the e-mail is very easy to hit with your thumb/hand/palm/etc while you're holding the phone, since it's right on the edge. Then once it happens, for some reason, you can't get to it in the Gmail app (at least I haven't found it). But you can find it if you go to the Gmail website. Weird...

For your other issue, when you accidentally "Archive" an e-mail, as Caddyman suggested you can press Menu --> View Labels --> All Mail, and from there you should be able to find the message and re-mark it as Inbox (or whatever you want). You can also find it by searching for it I believe.

Hope this helps.