• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

gmail messages not going to laptop

palsing

Lurker
Aug 25, 2010
I've only had my Evo for a few days, so maybe this is easy to fix. I can't find an answer in the manual.

I set up the phone to get my gmail, and this seems to work just fine. However, I do most of my e-mail stuff at home on my laptop (using Outlook), and I've noticed that many of the e-mails that I get on the phone never make it to the laptop. Not all of them, just some of them, but some pretty important e-mails are MIA on the Dell.

If it were to be the other way around it wouldn't bother me at all.

Anyone have a clue about this?

\Paul

As long as you are not moving from the inbox on Google's server (google.com), I don't see why your Outlook isn't downloading them. Can you tell if it is only downloading new, unread messages from Google?

Thanks for responding.

The problem may be resolved. I just went by the Sprint store, and learned that there were (2) mail programs running. One was deleted and now I only have the Gmail program.

When I access my gmail on the web, all the emails are there, but on my laptop's Outlook, a couple of dozen are missing. I get a lot of emails daily, and the only reason I noticed at all was because I had sent myself a really important email from work, and when I got home it wasn't there. I looked on the web version and it was there. I started checking line-by-line between the web and Outlook and identified at least a couple of dozen emails missing from Outlook.

Hopefully, by deleting the second email program on the Evo, the problem is resolved... although I have no idea why it happened in the first place. I'll keep comparing the on-line and Outlook versions for a couple of days... just in case.

\Paul A

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones