• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail Needs Progress Bars!!!

bexier

Jul 2, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm on an EVO

So in a thread I will start after this one, I was finding that the YouTube App has mind numbing limitions when it comes to uploading files. So I decided to upload Via the "email" option youtube provides and suggests for mobile users. This Method is MMS. The email actually sent after about 5 to 10 minutes of just saying "sending" over wifi. However the video did not get picked up by youtube... (as i found out much later) errrr.

I tried it again. This time with multiple files. Sending a large email seems to disable the connection the Gmail app has. As the MMS was sending, I went to check my in box. The prompt I got was a No Service - Retry prompt. I could not verify If I lost the Service all together and was unable to even send email.

Sooooooo.... for piece of mind how about Gmail get updated with Progress bars for Sending large files or any for that matter - there's room for it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones