• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail not coming through

Tomjh99

Dec 4, 2009
Since last week I stopped receiving my Gmail on my Hero. I immediately made sure all my settings were in order, as they were. I called Sprint tech support, and they had me master reset my phone. Since the reset my Gmail is still not coming through. I logged into my Gmail acct from my laptop this morning, and several emails were in my inbox, yet I ddin't receive any notification on my phone.
Any suggesetions?

Since last week I stopped receiving my Gmail on my Hero. I immediately made sure all my settings were in order, as they were. I called Sprint tech support, and they had me master reset my phone. Since the reset my Gmail is still not coming through. I logged into my Gmail acct from my laptop this morning, and several emails were in my inbox, yet I ddin't receive any notification on my phone.
Any suggesetions?

Yep Sprint solution to everything Master reset, same has been happening here for a couple of days now, so I have both the Gmail app set up and the pop 3 one for gmail also, if one don't come in then the other does, I gave up on calling sprint for troubleshooting.

Upvote 0
Go into applications, manage applications. Go to both gmail apps and clear cache and data and then reboot your phone. This worked for me ;)

I have also done that and still there are issues with the Gmail apps lately, I have a couple of friends that have the Hero and they also sometimes are not getting the emails synced with the phone, I myself have never had an issue until the past couple of days as of late, I check the syncing and notice when I go to the sync apps, they are green and look stuck, I try syncing manual separately and they synced fine, but if I go back to the 2 apps together which is the Gmail and Weather app and try syncing together they stay green, I have done reboots, update profile and also PRL but sttill the same issue, then out of no where it starts working again. and I am sure it is not signal relate as I have 5 bars of signal strength :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones