Gmail not coming through

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tomjh99, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Tomjh99

Tomjh99 Active Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Since last week I stopped receiving my Gmail on my Hero. I immediately made sure all my settings were in order, as they were. I called Sprint tech support, and they had me master reset my phone. Since the reset my Gmail is still not coming through. I logged into my Gmail acct from my laptop this morning, and several emails were in my inbox, yet I ddin't receive any notification on my phone.
    Any suggesetions?

Advertisement
  2. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course

Yep Sprint solution to everything Master reset, same has been happening here for a couple of days now, so I have both the Gmail app set up and the pop 3 one for gmail also, if one don't come in then the other does, I gave up on calling sprint for troubleshooting.

3. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    Go into applications, manage applications. Go to both gmail apps and clear cache and data and then reboot your phone. This worked for me ;)

4. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    I have also done that and still there are issues with the Gmail apps lately, I have a couple of friends that have the Hero and they also sometimes are not getting the emails synced with the phone, I myself have never had an issue until the past couple of days as of late, I check the syncing and notice when I go to the sync apps, they are green and look stuck, I try syncing manual separately and they synced fine, but if I go back to the 2 apps together which is the Gmail and Weather app and try syncing together they stay green, I have done reboots, update profile and also PRL but sttill the same issue, then out of no where it starts working again. and I am sure it is not signal relate as I have 5 bars of signal strength :)

Tags: