Gmail not downloading all email through POP3Support

Last Updated:

1. buggaby

buggaby Member This Topic's Starter

I'm having troubles with Gmail POP server on my HTC Magic. I can send and receive emails from the Magic, but it won't download the emails that are already in the Gmail inbox. I have set up the Gmail account to enable POP for all mail, not just new messages. What am I missing?

Thanks,
    bugg

Advertisement
  2. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

POP? for gmail? "you're holding it wrong" ;)
    Why not use the native gmail app that is on the phone? That is way more efficient and does push notification which is easier on the battery. There are two mail apps, you want the gmail app for gmail. Unless you have some other reason for POP but at worse how about IMAP instead?

3. buggaby

buggaby Member This Topic's Starter

It's holding me wrong... :)

The native Gmail app is good, and it works. It just doesn't display the contents on my inbox on one of the 7 home screens. Like, with text messages, the widget allows you to display text messages as little pieces of paper that you can flip through. It thought it would be nice to try that feature. It's not super important, though. Thanks for the feedback.

And, IMAP gives the same behaviour. Maybe it's just an issue with the widget itself.