Gmail not pushing email to me... AgainGeneral

Last Updated:

1. hazeof3dd

hazeof3dd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well this happened once before shortly after MR2, but it was short-lived, now, once again, no many how many times I soft-reset, check my settings, manually retrieve, whatever, my gmail does not appear to push. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

I was having similar issues had to do factory reset to get it to work right again.

3. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I'm occasionally having this problem, although on my phone, it's not just gmail. My mobile network (3g) is shutting down when my phone is sleeping. When I wake up my phone, the 3g comes back and then my email gets delivered. Quite frustrating.

There doesn't seem to be any set pattern to this. It's sporadic, but seems to be happening more lately.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/47249-mobile-network-shutting-down.html

4. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

seeing as how more and more people are having the gmail push issue i have a feeling MR2 had some sort of affect on the Gmail application. i hate to say it guys, but you might need to backup your stuff and HFR

5. hazeof3dd

Well, overnight, it started pushing them again, so who knows. The only recent change I've made is no longer using ATK (which was right before it stopped pushing). I'm almost wondering if its the same issue as the market not downloading apps sometimes. Cause, while Google Talk is not open at the moment, and I think Gmail is still pushing, it was after I started up Google Talk to download apps that gmail started working again. Who knows....

6. hazeof3dd

Ok, I've found through experimenting that my gmails push to me whenever I start up Google talk (which I don't normally use), just like I have to do when I'm having issues with apps downloading. Anyone have any ideas?

7. sixstringedmatt

sixstringedmatt Well-Known Member

Thought I replied, odd.

I am having the same issue. New user here from the BB world. I am using the GMail app rather than the native one. Any other work arounds?

8. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

That sounds like "Bingo" to me. Uninstall ATK, restart your phone. Go into Settings -> Data Synchronization -> Google and make sure that everything is checked. Do not run ATK again, especially if you are using it to automatically end tasks, because it sounds like you automatically ended the service that listens for gmail notifications.

9. Jshizzy

Jshizzy Well-Known Member

The data sync checks worked for me thanks!