• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

gmail not syncing with my phone

My gmail account is no longer syncing with my phone. It used to work just fine. Now I have to open gmail on my phone and refresh to update the mail box. The background sync is checked.
any suggestions?

Well, in addition to "background sync" being checked, you can (from home) tap menu->settings->accounts & sync, tap your Google account, and make sure that "Sync Gmail" is checked.

If it is, then you can try (from home) menu->settings->applications->manage applications. Wait for the list to refresh, find "Gmail storage" (it may be easier to find if you tap menu->sort by size and then menu->sort a-z) and tap "Gmail storage", then tap the button "clear data". Shortly after that it should start a sync cycle and bring your gmail messages back onto the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones