Gmail not syncingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Syntheticfuture

Syntheticfuture Member This Topic's Starter

Hi.. for the record I'm a total noob at all this but I'm a quick study.

I was messing with settings last night to help with battery life so I'm pretty sure I messed something up but my Gmail wont sync automatically today. It worked this morning but later on I realized that nothing had come in so I did a manual sync and sure enough I had some missing email. I checked in Accounts and Sync and Background data and auto-sync are checked as well as sync gmail. But it wont push. Anyone have any ideas on what I did?

Also I'm using a rooted 2.1 on my Eris.

Advertisement
  2. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

which rom? could be an issue wth the rom

3. Syntheticfuture

I don't know if it was my screw up or the version I was using but i upgraded to the 2.26.605.4 version I seen and I can get mail again.

4. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

no i mean which rom are you using?
    im using a custom evil eris rom, there is the vanilla roms, aloysius, etc. whcih rom are you using?

5. mandirae16

mandirae16 Well-Known Member

I'm running leak 3 and have auto sync and run background services on and I sometimes have this issue also. Sometimes my gmail will sync fine and other times it will go for hours before I realize I haven't recieved anything and I will have to manually sync it.

6. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

Go into manage applications in settings. Hit menu...filter...all....then select gmail storage and clear data. ..then select gmail and clear data. Then go back to the main settings menu and go to accounts and sync. Click on your email address on the bottom. Hit menu and sync. After a few minutes it will sync and work. I had the same problem today and this helped.

sdlucky7 and bugeyeblue like this.
  7. Syntheticfuture

Thanks gwlaw. I did that and it's worked fine since.

8. Angler80

Angler80 New Member

My eris has not pushed gmail reliably for a few weeks now. Things Ive done: used app mybackuppro, restored factory settings, re downloaded apps. The push worked for a day then it stopped and i have to manually refresh. Ive even gone through the steps listed in this post and it works for a minute then it gets gacked up again. Is it possible an app is making this not work? any help world be awesome!

9. bugeyeblue

bugeyeblue Well-Known Member

I'd give you 3 thanks if I could. This just fixed my gmail on my Droid X. Thanks again.