Gmail not updating properly?

Last Updated:

1. digger

digger Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

Had my Hero (T-mobile branded G2...) since release day, but in the last week or so I've had a few issues.

Firstly, Gmail isn't synchronising regularly. Sometimes mail comes through instantly, sometimes it doesn't update for a day or more (if I open the Gmail app and "Refresh" it pulls the new mails down). I can't think of anything I've installed that could cause this (all i've installed in the last week are a few soundboards...)

Secondly, if I go into Market and try to either install a new app, or update an existing one, it sticks on "Starting download..." until I connect to Wifi (then downloads the app immediately). Is there a problem with the Market at the moment, or is this more likely to be a network issue?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. SFA_AOK

SFA_AOK Well-Known Member

3. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Is it a Data coverage issue?

4. digger

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I've restarted it within the last week (that was the first thing I tried after I noticed the market issue) but can't remember exactly when it was last rebooted. I'll try again now and see if it improves matters.

Doesn't look like a data issue... at work and at home I get at least 3G (usually HSDPA)... browsing the web and even data-heavy apps like Youtube and Last.fm work ok.

5. digger

Rebooting didn't work. My gmail inbox on the PC shows three messages (including from this forum to notify me of updates in this thread), all recieved in the last half hour.... my phone hasn't synch'd since it was powered on.

6. twist123

twist123 Well-Known Member

7. digger

Great, cheers twist! At least it's not just me! :)

8. twist123

twist123 Well-Known Member

no prob, do me a favor, register and moan like the rest of us, the more people who do the faster theyll fix it! And it makes them realize its their rubbish service not just a few people having problems.

9. digger

lol, no worries! One of my colleagues has the same problem so I'll get him to do the same! :)