Gmail Not UpdatingSupport

Last Updated:

1. jbsmith

jbsmith Member This Topic's Starter

Ok this started this morning...My gmail account on the DX is not updating properly.

I had 5 emails this morning...I read them and deleted them, plus deleted a few older emails. The phone looks normal like they were deleted. Later I restarted and the phone said I had 5 more emails...and they were the exact same ones I deleted in the morning.

So I deleted again and then logged into gmail...they were still in gmail as unread. Seems like I don't have communication back to gmail. Is this a phone issue or are others experiencing this - maybe it's a gmail problem?

None the less it is very irritating.

Advertisement
  2. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

Is your auto sync turned on?

3. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Where is this allusive "auto sync", I've been looking for it all damn day.

4. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

:) You can turn on the power widget and get that way. Long press home screen select widgets, scroll down to power control < I think thats what its called I dont have my phone handy>. The auto sync is the one with the circle arrows, push it to turn on. Hopefully that will help.

5. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Settings>Accounts and sync.

6. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

OK, I've got all that and it's always on.

This "sync" is not there, under accounts it just lists my different accounts and an option to "add account".

7. jbsmith

Yeah my auto sync is on. I get new messages fine. Just when i delete them they don't really delete.

I also tried a factory reset but it didnt do the reset. All the apps are still there. It gave the exclamation point then said e: cache/recovery/command not found. Any ideas why i can't factory reset either. Ist a stock phone...not rooted.

8. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

-don't kill tasks
    -make sure sync is on
    -make sure sync is on for your gmail account(s)
    -in phone settings > applications > manage applications, delete the cache/data of "Gmail"/"Gmail storage". You may have to reset some of your Gmail app settings (like notification ringtone) after doing this.

9. jbsmith

Called verizon...tech support didn't know why it wouldn't factory reset either - new phone on the way...