Gmail Notifacation IconSupport

Last Updated:

1. gunrunner45

gunrunner45 Member This Topic's Starter

This may just be nit picking but..

My Gmail notification icon is an @ symbol, like the default mail app.

Unless I'm confused at one point I could have sworn that it was an M over a little envelope.

Is there a way to change this? or did it change when I had my phone updated to CL14?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Stoney62

Stoney62 Well-Known Member

Mine used to be an @ symbol, but since I flashed 2.1 its now the M over an envelope.

3. marquisdee1018

marquisdee1018 Well-Known Member

Mine has always been the m over an envelope. With 2.1 the color of it has changed.

4. duratime

duratime Well-Known Member

I could be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure that you want to use the Gmail app and not the email app for Gmail accounts. Remove your gmail accounts from the "email" app and add it to the Gmail app and give it a try. When I first set my phone up, I had the gmail account set up in both apps and it didn't work very well. Works great in the gmail only app.

5. Stoney62

Stoney62 Well-Known Member

Aha!! Maybe that's why I had an @. The Sprint store had set up my gmail in the email app too which I got rid of right away, but the @ persisted I guess.

6. gunrunner45

gunrunner45 Member This Topic's Starter

I am using the Gmail App, thats why its bugging me. I don't even use the "Email" App, I use Advanced Task manager & kill the default email app from even running.

7. duratime

duratime Well-Known Member

I get the Gmail icon, but I'm running 2.1. Make sure that the account isn't set up in the email app, but other than that maybe it is a 1.5 thing.