GMail Notification on HomescreenSupport

Last Updated:

1. kriswknight

kriswknight Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did my share of searching, and I cannot figure out how to make it so my gmail folder shows a visual notification that stays on the homescreen (Like my storm did). Ive read where people have said to change the sync from on to off then back, but that didnt help me.

PLEASE, any help would be greatly appreciated so I can stop checking my inbox for an email Im waiting for.

PS. I know that it shows it in the header bar, but then it goes away and Im lost.

Advertisement
  2. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

On my Magic the notification stays in the header until I read the mail. Do you have notification turned on? Interesting, there isn't a frequency setting but after sending a message to gmail I was notified within ~ minute. The header message stays alive and flashes the button and doesn't go away. So I'm not sure what's different on yours.

3. kriswknight

On a blackberry, the icon for the email would get an asterisk or a checkmark telling me that I had a new email.

4. vikingisson

Well I get something very similar. Your reply sent a notification and left an obvious label in my header. I finished my current task and pulled down the notification which brought me here. Worked a treat.

5. kriswknight

Yeah, I guess you're right. I just need to realize change isnt a bad thing.

6. vikingisson

change is good. my header now shows a red '2' meaning I have two unread messages. sweet.
    talk about change, this is my first cell phone of any kind in over 5 years.

7. kriswknight

I guess what really gets me about this is the fact that it shows when you have a new message on the icon, why wont it show that on the mail?

8. pjsockett

pjsockett Well-Known Member

If you search gmail in the marketplace there are 3rd party notification bubbles that overlay the icon.