Gmail NotificationSupport

Last Updated:

1. aperson

aperson Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

Googled this issue and can't seem to find the resolution. I am using the Gmail app which came pre-installed on the phone. I have entered my account details, I can send emails but I don't get a notification when I receive an email to my Gmail Inbox. I have checked the settings and I have setup a ringtone and selected the option to flag up an icon in the notification bar.

However the only way I know I have an email is if I open the app. I have a task manager and Gmail is on the ignore list.

Any ideas where I

Advertisement
  2. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

If you say you checked the settings and they're as they should be, I would recommend going to Settings: Applications: Manage Applications: select Gmail, and then clear the data.

I have no idea how and why, but sometimes it solves problems, sometimes it doesn't!

I hope it works for you.

aperson likes this.
  3. tinkk

tinkk Well-Known Member

I use pre installed email instead of gmail, press menu then settings on email and you can set frequency to check for email and whether to show notifications when you get it

4. NaplesBill

NaplesBill Well-Known Member

Make sure that Gmail is checked under Settings, Data Synchronization. This setting was not on by default on my X10.

aperson likes this.
  5. aperson

aperson Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

Thanks for the tips, I now have instant notification of incoming emails.

I checked and Gmail was set for data synch. I then cleared the cache for Gmail and it did the trick.

Thanks again.

6. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

Glad to see it worked!