Gmail notifications lagging sync "jammed"

Last Updated:

1. Bent

Bent New Member This Topic's Starter

I used to get gmail email notifications instantly when they arrive now I get them only with 1-2 hours delay. Basically I get the notification of a new email faster than the browser version on my pc refreshes (dunno how often it does it maybe once every 10-20 secs). This has been going on for 2 days now.

I will get the notification eventually of a new email if I don't mark them as read but just before it was within seconds now it's within hours of the new email arriving.

The problem is gmail gets into sync loop I'm assuming this is a gmail problem. Anyone else having issues or is this just me ?

I'm in Finland if that makes any difference.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I've been having this problem the last few days in the US. Just this morning, I thought it was weird that I hadn't gotten an email all night, so i refreshed gmail, and still nothing. About 10 minutes ago, I got an email notification, and find 32 new emails, starting yesterday afternoon. So nothing from 24 hours ago came to my phone, even when i manually synced it.

3. Bent

Mine does get updated when I do a manual sync. Let me know if something changes. I tried the HTC mail that can update once every 5 mins and that does work.

4. carlbettag

carlbettag Member

5. Bent

So it would seem, I did the clear data clear cache thing in settings-applications-gmail. I even did a full factory reset and to no effect.

If I goto settings->general sync settings and google and press sync now it will sync and I will get notification if I have unread mail. Or manual sync in gmail app. But automatically it hasn't happened all day or yesterday. During the night it had done it once.

EDIT:
    Ah good it effects tons of people it will get fixed I will stop looking for a workarround and manage without knowing if I have new email or not :)

6. Bent

Mine seems to be working again as of this morning, atleast so far. New mail alert within a minute of arrival is good enough for me.