Gmail notifications not workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Senden

Senden Member

Using my main google account on my phone which is connected to the gmail app preinstalled however for some reason, despite notifications being turned on, my phone won't notify me when I get a new email. Can anyone think of anything I might have overlooked so I get new email notifications?

Advertisement
  2. Droidunited

Droidunited Well-Known Member

You probably need to enable notifications in the gmail app settings. Open Gmail > Tap the Menu key > Go to settings you should see something about notifications. Hope this helps!
  3. Swavek

Swavek Member

I believe notifications in gmail are already enabled, but the default ringtone is set to silent.
  4. Senden

Senden Member

Notifications are enabled in settings.. ringtone isn't the problem either, usually on my galaxy s2, when I had a new email, I'd get a G symbol come up similar to when I get a text message letting me know I'd have a new email and despite notifications being enabled, I'm not getting any.
  5. charliehowes

charliehowes Well-Known Member

Would like to know how to solve this problem to.
    Not only have I got this problem with Gmail but also with my Hotmail accounts that run from the stock email app.
  6. rkkeller

rkkeller Well-Known Member

Both my email apps work fine. When I get a Gmail email with the Gmail app, a tone sounds and a small envelope icon appears at the top left corner.
  7. crabman

crabman Well-Known Member

I know its already been said but in the recent versions of gmail you have to tick the notifications checkbox and then go deeper into the menu by touching the box directly underneath the notifications checkbox that will then open up a subment letting you adjust whether the phone vibrates, rings, sends a notification to the notification bar or any combination of those.

FWIW mine was not set to do any of those from the factory.
  8. crabman

crabman Well-Known Member

I know its already been said but in the recent versions of gmail you have to tick the notifications checkbox and then go deeper into the menu by touching the box directly underneath the notifications checkbox that will then open up a submenu letting you adjust whether the phone vibrates, rings, sends a notification to the notification bar or any combination of those.

FWIW mine was not set to do any of those from the factory.
    handyandy likes this.