Gmail Notifications

Last Updated:

1. mkdauff

mkdauff Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way that instead of having notifications for a new email arrival showing up in my notifications panel, it instead comes up as a different gmail icon or something? I'm not sure why, but I get annoyed at the fact that I have to click on my notification bar and then click on the email inside of there as well. Just wanting to take a step out of the way. Obviously I can turn off the notification panel for Gmail, but then how will I know when I have new email other than just clicking on the gmail icon?

Thanks, guys!!!

Advertisement
  2. Appventive

Appventive Well-Known Member

It may be more than you're looking for, but you may want to check out our Executive Assistant app (Executive Assistant (was a finalist in Android Developers Challenge 2) (Appventive)). It provides a preview of unread gmail messages (plus, upcoming calendar events, missed calls, SMS messages and RSS feeds). Use as a lock screen, welcome screen, or homescreen widget.

Available as a free, ad-supported version, or as a paid, ad-free version. Just search for Appventive in the Market or scan the qr code in my profile to find.

Cheers,
    Steve

3. mkdauff

mkdauff Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Seems like it's quite a bit more than I want, but would be willing to check it out. Is there a trial version that I could upgrade to if I liked it?

4. Appventive

Appventive Well-Known Member

Cool -- if you do give it a try, please let me know what you think. Yes, if you like the free adware version, you can definitely upgrade to the pay version (currently just $1.99). Its the same as the free version, only without the ads.

Cheers,
    Steve