Gmail Nuisance

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by StaceyJ, Jun 10, 2010.

1. StaceyJ

StaceyJ New Member

Jun 10, 2010
    This is a gmail minor nuisance, but is it bothering anyone else that the "Delete" is on the right side when looking at a list of emails and in the middle when reading an email? ....this changed from Android 1.5 to 2.1 and I have to stop and think where to push delete...or I end up clicking on "Older" instead. Is there a fix for this?

Advertisement

2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice
    VIP Member

Nov 28, 2009
    I, unfortunately, have not found one but would be interested as well. :)

Good question and welcome aboard BTW!

3. StaceyJ

StaceyJ New Member

Jun 10, 2010
    With my HTC Hero, I migrated from Android 1.5 to 2.1. With 1.5, gmail used to keep my spot while reading email. After a screensave, when I got back on, the email would temporarily jump to the beginning of the email and then return to where I left off. After the 2.1 upgrade, gmail loses it's spot.

I tend to read long blog emails at lights in traffic. Now, when I get to the next red light, I have to scroll from the beginning of the email to where I left off. Has anyone else discovered this new "feature?" Has anyone found a workaround so the phone doesn't lose it's spot in the middle of an email? Is there a way we can tell gmail this needs to be fixed?
    Thanks