• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail Nuisance

StaceyJ

Lurker
Jun 10, 2010
This is a gmail minor nuisance, but is it bothering anyone else that the "Delete" is on the right side when looking at a list of emails and in the middle when reading an email? ....this changed from Android 1.5 to 2.1 and I have to stop and think where to push delete...or I end up clicking on "Older" instead. Is there a fix for this?

With my HTC Hero, I migrated from Android 1.5 to 2.1. With 1.5, gmail used to keep my spot while reading email. After a screensave, when I got back on, the email would temporarily jump to the beginning of the email and then return to where I left off. After the 2.1 upgrade, gmail loses it's spot.

I tend to read long blog emails at lights in traffic. Now, when I get to the next red light, I have to scroll from the beginning of the email to where I left off. Has anyone else discovered this new "feature?" Has anyone found a workaround so the phone doesn't lose it's spot in the middle of an email? Is there a way we can tell gmail this needs to be fixed?
Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones