1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Gmail open to inbox instead of first msg on Froyo?

Last Updated:

1. wintermute000

wintermute000 Guest This Topic's Starter

Ever since I upgraded my N1 to froyo, gmail always opens to first msg instead of inbox view. Even if I exit in inbox view.

Is there a way to change this? i.e. I want gmail to go to inbox by default instead of first message.

Advertisement
  2. roked

roked Member

Thats what mine is doing as well. Annoying. I searched but can't seem to find any settings for this. The only thing close that I could find is the Auto-Advance setting but that works for when u delete or archive an email.

The other thing that I noticed is that every time I open gmail its loading the conversations from the server. If I am in a low signal area it errors out.

3. roked

roked Member

Well I was playing around and I'm pretty sure I figured it out. You have to exit the gmail app by hitting the home button. If you exit by using the back button it will open the first email automatically next time you start it.

4. thealaskan

thealaskan Member

One reason I won't be upgrading the Dinc to 2.2 as soon as it's released... inevitable bugs.

I have 2 apps for Gmail on the Incredible, one is the Gmail Program installed, the other is just a bookmark to Gmail Inbox. The latter I can expand the text which is very useful for an old man.

5. mgam130

mgam130 New Member

the solution "roked" came up with works. sucks that we have to do that, but it does work...