Gmail - Phone contact sync issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. Go Hard or Go Home

Go Hard or Go Home Member This Topic's Starter

I can't figure out this sync thing. I'm losing contacts in my gmail.

Here's what happened: Sprint put my contacts from my old phone onto my new moment. They magically showed up in my gmail (which had no contacts before), I do not have auto sync turned on. I imported my email contacts from Thunderbird into my gmail. I merged and deleted (in gmail) until I had everything perfect. I had 80+ contacts. I grab my phone and do a sync. It had some problems that I think had to do with a poor signal. The new contacts showed up on my phone, except some were missing and some were doubled. I deleted the doubles from the phone. Now my gmail only had 55 contacts. I grabbed my old phone and entered the ones that were missing. I had 79 contacts in my gmail again. I logged out and back in and still 79. I did a sync with my phone and I have 80 in it. I had an old contact in my phone and not in gmail. I figured by syncing it should add that contact back to gmail, so I log out and back in and I only have 66 contacts now.

What is going on? I don't want to have to keep adding in contacts that get deleted. Any ideas?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Wufei

Wufei Member

Are you viewing My Contacts or All Contacts on the left panel of Google Contacts?

3. Go Hard or Go Home

Go Hard or Go Home Member This Topic's Starter

Both are the same. I've now used Exportcontacts and saved them from the phone and imported them back into gmail. I then saved them from gmail to my hard drive so I should be able to get back to my original 80 easily.

I really was just trying to figure out how to reinstall my contacts after I get the sprint update.