Gmail picutre attachments

Last Updated:

1. kmeyers02

kmeyers02 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I searched and couldn't find this topic so here goes. Now I feel like this will (hopefully) be an easy fix, but I can't find out how to do it. So when receiving pictures through gmail (I simply use the gmail app) they don't automatically appear in the email, like it does on my girlfriends Captivate through the gmail app. She didn't do anything special, just set up email and when she receives pics when she opens the email they're just there. Now there is the download and preview button next to the attachments but when I hit those my phone just says "fetching attachment, please wait". I've left my phone for at least 5 minutes and it will just sit on that screen. On one pic I did let it sit for a few minutes, gave up waiting, but noticed the pic later in my dowloaded folder. But this is the only pic it's done that with. So I would a way to get the pics to just show up in my email when I open the email, or not have to wait minutes on end for a pic to maybe get downloaded. I feel like there should be some solution without me having to download some app, since my girl's phone can do it.

Any help?? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. kmeyers02

Just replying to get this back to the top b/c I feel like SOMEONE has to have some sort of answer to my problem. Since I rely on email and don't use text and gtalk doesn't send pics, I have no way of getting pic messages on my phone right now, totally sucks. Thanks all!

3. Terrigno

Terrigno Well-Known Member

Not sure what the problem is. Maybe the picture is way to Big?

4. kmeyers02

Pretty much the problem is I can't get pics through gmail on my phone. But I do know the pics are going through b/c I can view them on gmail on a desktop, jut not my phone. So on my gf's Captivate when she gets a pic attached it just shows up in the email. Mine just shows there's an attachment and gives me the download and preview options, but when I click either one it won't download or preview it. I know the pic isn't too big b/c when my gf sends me a pic from her phone, if she goes to sent emails it shows the pic but I get nothing on my phone.

5. kmeyers02

So I'm pretty sure I found the solution to my own problem. First, cleared all the data. I had my gmail app set to "Sync All" for my inbox and sent mail. Pushed this back to 10 days. Pics now show up.