1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Gmail/Play crashing all the timeSupport

1. JasonVideo

JasonVideo Member

I searched and didn't see anything that seemed helpful so I'll post and see what the experts think.

The other day I started getting the "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" error on my GNex. Now everytime I try to open Gmail or the Play store they crash immediately. Is this a known issue? Any idea what I should do to fix this issue? :confused:

Thanks,

Jason

Verizon GNex
    Stock Android 4.1.1
    Build JR0030
    Baseband 1515.09 VFF02/1515.FG02
    Kernal 3.0.31-g396c4df

Advertisement
    :
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

hmm, that is weird, have you tried reinstalling Gmail?

Otherwise you could always perform a battery reboot, by removing the battery, reinserting then restarting the device. This sometimes can solve minor bugs like this.

Lastly, there is always the option of a factory reset, it will erase all of your data, but it will more than likely solve this issue.
    JasonVideo likes this.
  3. JasonVideo

JasonVideo Member

Yes, uninstalled gmail and play. I will try the battery reboot now. Factory reset would be great, but when I was trying to off-load my photos and video the gallery crashed when scrolling through and it won't even come up on Windows explorer. Sure does sound like I need a fresh install of Android huh?

Thanks,

Jason

Update: battery reboot finished. Got the "gapps" error as soon as it was up. Gmail still crashing. Play crashing also. Need to get my phots and video off then factory reset I guess. sigh.:eek:
  4. annebrooks64

annebrooks64 Well-Known Member

Have you just updated to 4.2 ?
  5. JasonVideo

JasonVideo Member

6. annebrooks64

annebrooks64 Well-Known Member

OK sorry, it sounded a bit like the issues some folks are having with the 4.2 update. The fix for that seems to be to remove your gmail account from the phone in account settings then reboot and then add your gmail account back. I really don't know if that will work for you though.